Inicio Foros 2019 Robot Help End caps vs through bore

Mostrando 3 respuestas a los debates
  • Autor
    Publicaciones
      timdoyle1
      Participante

Hi helpers,
      Can someone explain when to use End Caps vs through bore bearings to me? Ive read alot and watch a bunch of videos, but still struggling. In particular, the guides say “Through bore Unlike the end cap bearing, because a shaft can pass through bore bearings it can be used with the bearing pillow block to have a pivot between two fixed shaft ends.” What sort of use cases are we dealing with there?

Thanks!

mcchesneyc
      Participante

Have you watched this video? It gives a good rundown on uses of the various parts included in the First Global Rev kit.

Check out our latest video covering the basics of 5mm Hex Shafting in the REV Robotics building system for FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Global teams! from FTC

direct link on Youtube — https://youtu.be/BKQwQ3SyYmg

timdoyle1
        Participante

Thankyou!

gymnast544
      Participante

Hello, Thanks for suggesting the video I made. You cannot slide a 5mm hex shaft all the way through and end cap bearing, but you can with a through bore bearing. Through bore bearings are much commoner in my experience with Rev (On the Team USA 2018 robot, there were multiple through bore bearings but only 1 or 2 end cap bearings). End cap bearings can be used instead of shaft collars in some scenarios, as they constrain the shaft laterally along its axis. Shaft collars do the same thing.

timdoyle1
      Participante

Thanks so much!

Mostrando 3 respuestas a los debates
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.
es_MXES
en_USEN fr_FRFR es_MXES
Abrir la barra de herramientas